The Value of Luck
Ciller Terzili, a young Turkish woman is thrown into the maelstrom of her father's business when he galls into depression after most of her family is suddenly killed in a tragic accident.
Her story is one of trust and disappointment, as those she confides in let her down with tragic consequences. As a result, she becomes stronger and establishes herself as a leading but unlikely figure in the European underworld. For Terzili, her motivation is the perpetual search for security that no man can provide.
Together with her notoriety, the trail of her highly profitable criminal enterprises brings her to the attention of Phil Marshall from the UK's National Crime Agency. Marshall sees her arrest as an essential career step towards fulfilling his ambition of bringing an international crime syndicate to justice.
Opposing forces of good and evil are destined to collide. There can only be one winner. That is The Value of Luck.
Reviews for Martin Venning's previous books:
- "An unexpected pleasure - well written, thoughtful and well informed...a lush and satisfying read." Goodreads reviewer
- "It will keep you on the edge of your seat" The Daily Mirror Book Club
- "This is a book that will appeal to fans of thrillers, political fiction and international intrigue." - Netgalley reviewer
- "Provocative, gripping and masterfully crafted." Caroline Brennan of Bookollective
- "The story draws you in and you always want just one more chapter." - Goodreads reviewer