Madeline Kramer has come far since losing her parents aged nine. Raised by her grandmother, she has a stellar career at a top City law firm and great friends.
But when her colleague and former classmate is found dead in a meeting room, her chest inscribed with 'Contract', Maddy’s ordered life is turned upside down.
It soon becomes clear that the killer is targeting former students from Maddy’s old law college. Even more disturbing are riddles sent by the killer to DCI Jake Carver, claiming to offer clues as to the next victim and location.
As the bodies stack up it becomes a race against time. Maddy must put her own life, and the lives of others, on the line.
- "The Scribe is a wildly entertaining, one-of-a-kind, legal-serial-killer-thriller, sure-fire smash hit... Excellent." - Rob Parker, author of A Wanted Man.
- Debut thriller from an exciting new writer
- Plunges readers into London’s glamorous legal world
- Fiction’s first female City lawyer amateur sleuth
- A thrilling conclusion and a final twist
- Compelling protagonist